What with it having just passed Belgian National Day, I thought I should be fair and list some of the things I like about Brussels. Here goes:
- It is close to Antwerp: I am not being facetious here (OK, maybe a bit) but Antwerp is an amazing city. The shopping is fantastic, lots of quirky boutiques.
- Pierre Marcolini: I have seen the man in the flesh. I worship at his altar.
- Cafe Modèle: Our new favourite brunch place.
- Art Deco.
- The generous sprinkling of bank holidays.
- The way the place closes down “de quinze à quinze“.
- The cake shop up the road from work that shall remain nameless. And tempting.
That’s all for now.